DOES YOUR PARTNER:
- Put you down or criticize the way you dress, talk, eat, etc…?
- Make fun of you in front of your family or friends?
- Call you names, embarrass or tease you in a hurtful way?
- Pressure you into doing things you don’t want to do?
- Get jealous when you’re around other people of the opposite gender?
- Ignore you or play mean tricks on you?
- Take or destroy your personal possessions?
- Put sh, bite, scratch or hit you in anger?
- Quote bible verses to justify controlling behavior?
- Act kindly and positively to people at work,church, etc, but aggressively and disrespectfully to you?
DO YOU HAVE TO:
- Ask permission to spend time with friends or participate in activities not including your partner?
- Always try to please your partner or fix situations to suit their desires?
- Accept the blame when things go wrong in relationships or in your home?
- Do what your partner wants without considering what you want / need?
DO YOU SEE A PATTERN OF BEHAVIOUR SUCH AS:
- Your partner is trying to run your life?
- You make excuses for and protect your partner in discussions with your friends?
- You’re afraid to express your own opinions or say no in fear of your partner’s reaction?
- You’re confused and worried that things are getting out of control?
- Afraid you or your children may be harmed?
- Afraid to tell anyone what is really happening at home?
- Is it worth risking safety to keep the relationship together?
- Is this what a marriage/relationship is intended to be like?
- Is my partner doing anything to change? If not how will this relationship ever change?
PLEASE TAKE A FEW MOMENTS TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR POLL