My ex son-in-law inflicted his type of abuse in his own stealthy way. For the most part hidden from public view, only letting his true personality come out in private for his victim…. my daughter.
As we continue to learn , emotional abuse can be far more damaging to a person than once thought. It can cause years of pain as the victim continues to react to this abuse long after the abuser is gone. My ex son-in-law’s type of emotional abuse has left some very common reactions that my daughter now struggles with on a daily basis.
- It makes the victims feel as though they are going crazy
- Victims have difficulty sleeping waking frequently with night terrors
- The victims no longer trust either their own intellects or their own instincts
- The victims are rendered emotionally disorganized and unable to trust their own feeling
- Victims are unable to determine how they are supposed to think and feel
- Victims loose the ability to trust their own thoughts and feelings, leading them to simply give up and disconnect themselves
- Most victims suffer a fracturing of their psyche leading to severe depression